ISO Line-of-Insurance Programs
ISO is the recognized leader in developing standard insurance policy programs that help you define and cover the risks your policyholders face. ISO's experts develop policy language, rating and policywriting rules, and a variety of other products that help you enter and compete in the insurance marketplace.
With ISO's standard policy programs, you benefit from enormous economies of scale. ISO maintains a staff of more than 200 experts to research, write, file, and distribute standard policy forms and manuals on your behalf. The cost to you is a small fraction of what it would cost to do that work for yourself.
You also benefit from consistent procedures in all your operations — including data processing, underwriting, and claims handling — resulting in time savings and lower costs.
And court interpretations of standard coverage forms assure consistent treatment of claimants. Once a court determines the meaning of a word, phrase, or clause in a standard coverage form, that interpretation has far more meaning and scope than if every insurer's policy form used different wording for the same idea.
To cover the wide variety of risks in the marketplace, ISO offers an enormous range of policy forms and programs. For example, for homeowners alone, ISO maintains 6 basic coverage forms, 82 countrywide endorsements, and 242 state-specific endorsements.
In commercial lines of insurance, the availability of standard forms is even more critical than in personal lines. Commercial insureds are far more heterogeneous, requiring even greater coverage flexibility. For commercial general liability, ISO maintains 11 basic coverage forms, 212 countrywide endorsements, and more than 400 additional endorsements.
ISO offers comparable programs for other personal and commercial lines. This website contains information on just a few of ISO's many line-of-insurance programs and related products and services. Follow the links for details:
- Capital Assets Program — an output policy providing broad coverages for large to medium-sized commercial accounts
- Commercial Umbrella Program
- Crime and Fidelity Insurance Program
- ISO Employers AdvantageTM — the industry's first standard employment-practices liability program, plus a complete range of underwriting and human-resources risk-management services for you and your customers
- ISO Market Segments Program — a collection of specialized programs to help you meet the needs of customers in important market niches
- Kidnap/Ransom and Extortion Insurance Program — policy forms, endorsements, manuals, and related materials
- Management Protection Program — a policy program covering executive (directors and officers) liability, as well as other management-related exposures
- Medical Professional Liability Program
- Specialty Commercial Lines Programs — a broad array of insurance programs that make it easy for you to enter and compete in new markets
- Multi-Line Class Table Database — an electronic system that helps you determine the correct class codes for commercial lines risks
- Policywriting support forms — forms to help you satisfy legal requirements and administer insurance programs
- Inland Marine Handbook — forms, endorsements, declarations, and policywriting instructions for 12 critical nonfiled classes of inland marine risks
- Motor Carrier Digest — a guide to insurance requirements for common, contract, and private carriers of passengers and property
- EFDTM (Electronic Forms on Disc) — a database of policy forms and endorsements for all ISO lines of business
- Forms Information/Report System (FIRSTSM) — information to help you manage your company's policy forms and endorsements
- ISO Motorcycle Program — Standardized program to streamline the way you write motorcycle policies
For more information . . .
. . . about ISO's policy programs — including the many other line-of-insurance programs — contact ISO. You can also call us at 1-800-888-4476. And for information on how you can sign up for ISO's insurance programs, see How to Get ISO Products and Services.