Detailed Class Information
To compete in the insurance marketplace, you need information. Whether you're in actuarial, reinsurance, underwriting, marketing, or research and development, you rely on information about insurance premiums and losses.
And for more than a quarter of a century, the best, most comprehensive source of information about property/casualty insurance has been the ISO database. Now, there's an even more effective way to get and use information from that database - Detailed Class Information from ISO.
Detailed Class Information is a group of separate data products for commercial auto, commercial fire and allied lines, businessowners, and general liability. Detailed Class Information provides the most extensive available collections of class data - that is, statistics on individual ISO rating descriptions. And like all data products from ISO, Detailed Class Information relies on the most sophisticated systems for collecting, managing, and analyzing the statistics.
Stay one step ahead of the competition
With Detailed Class Information, you have access to data for a variety of important analyses:
- decisions on pricing and underwriting guidelines
- assessments of the profitability of market segments of your choice
- evaluations of your current markets - and markets you may want to enter or avoid
- benchmark analyses of your own company data compared with ISO's industry-aggregate experience
- examinations and evaluations of distributions by state, territory, coverage, or class
- trends in claim frequency and severity
- trends in the ratio of premiums to exposures (as a proxy for trends in actual charged rates)
A compact information tool
Delivered conveniently as a download from the ISOnet® web portal, Detailed Class Information includes built-in software that gives you access to the data right at your personal computer. There's also a simple, interactive front-end query system that lets you select the subsets of data you need. And you can easily export the information into text files for use with your own database or spreadsheet applications, such as Microsoft® Access, Microsoft Excel, or Lotus 1-2-3®.
Detailed Class Information is easy to use, so you don't need actuarial expertise to understand it. Insurers of every size will find valuable information in the product. And since you can download the product directly onto your PC, you can get the data you need without help from your information systems department. Detailed Class Information is truly a compact information tool for the insurance professional.
For mainframe users, Detailed Class Information is also available on tapes or cartridges without the PC software.
Here's what you get
With Detailed Class Information, you get an annual collection of statistics for the line or lines of business you choose. Each product contains:
- the latest available five calendar/accident years of data (policy years or calendar years for some auto business)
- data by state, ISO rating class, coverage, and - where applicable - ISO rating territory
- earned premiums, incurred losses (including all loss-adjustment expenses), incurred claim or occurrence counts, loss ratios, and average claim severities
- for some lines and classes, earned exposures and average claim frequencies
- incurred liability losses developed to their anticipated ultimate settlement levels
- for some classes, premium information calculated at ISO's advisory Aggregate Loss Costs at Current Levels (ALCCL)*
* Typically, ISO calculates Aggregate Loss Costs at Current Levels by rerating each policy premium transaction using the current ISO manual loss costs and applicable rating variables. In some cases, ISO calculates ALCCL by adjusting the reported premium to current ISO advisory levels.
For more information . . .
. . . on Detailed Class Information — or to get in touch with a sales representative — contact us.