How to Get ISO Products and Services
All ISO insurance products and services are available to property/casualty insurers and reinsurers. Many products and services are also available to insurance agents and other companies and organizations.
ISO's Core Services
ISO's Core Services include:
- aggregate insurance statistics
- advisory prospective loss costs
- policy forms and rules
- actuarial products
- statistical service
- filing authorization service
- and more
You may sign up for those services in the jurisdictions you choose, and you may select a combination of services and lines of insurance that meets your needs.
ISO's fees for Core Services pay for the research, development, maintenance, and support necessary to supply the services.
Selecting your service level
The first step to getting Core Services from ISO is choosing one of three service levels: member, subscriber, or service purchaser.
- As a member or subscriber, your insurance company will be eligible to receive ISO products and services, serve on ISO user panels, and have ISO file rules and forms on your behalf. A member or subscriber must be licensed to write at least one ISO line of insurance in at least one jurisdiction or territory of the United States.
- As a service purchaser, you will be eligible to receive ISO products and services. Insurers and other insurance-related entities that do not wish to be members or subscribers may sign up as service purchasers.
You must be a member or subscriber to get Filing Authorization Service.
Fees are the same for all three service levels, so you should select your level based on your eligibility, your interest in serving on ISO user panels, and your desire to have ISO file rules and forms on your behalf.
Organizations not eligible to become members, subscribers, or service purchasers may still purchase selected ISO Core Services. For more information, contact us.
Selecting your service categories
Once you choose your service level, you'll need to select a package of services and jurisdictions. ISO offers services in six broad categories:
- Basic Service
- Line Service
- State Services
- Filing Authorization Service
- Actuarial Service
- Statistical Service
Selecting your jurisdictions
ISO offers services for all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The particular services and lines of insurance available vary by jurisdiction.
Many ISO products and services are available to customers operating in countries around the world. For information, contact us.
To initiate your service
ISO Participation PlusSM
And now, ISO offers a powerful package of money-saving products and services for insurers with less than $200 million in premium for ISO lines of insurance. ISO Participation PlusSM is THE PLUS THAT'S A MUST.
Other products and services
ISO offers a tremendous range of data, analytics, and decision-support products and services. Many — offered outside our packages of Core Services — are available and priced separately.
To search for the products and services that meet your needs, try our Product Finder.
For more information — or to get in touch with a sales representative — contact us.