The cargo theft prevention and recovery network
CargoNetTM discourages cargo theft and increases recovery rates through secure and controlled information sharing among theft victims, their business partners, and law enforcement.
ISO works with industry leaders in the insurance, transportation, manufacturing, and retail sectors to allow theft victims to communicate losses to law enforcement quickly.
Learn more through the joint ISO-NICB press release.
Read the letter of support from the Inland Marine Underwriters Association (IMUA) and the American Institute of Marine Underwriters (AIMU).
The CargoNet plan is a multifaceted approach to theft prevention and recovery that includes:
- Database — CargoNet is a database designed by a group of leading industry experts and law enforcement.
- Theft alerts — CargoNet provides a unique nationwide mechanism to pass critical information quickly from theft victims and insurers to law enforcement — a mechanism tailored for law enforcement.
- Police training and investigative support — Through the NICB, CargoNet enhances law enforcement’s abilities and effectiveness in combating cargo theft.
- Advanced analytics — CargoNet’s advanced analytics provides a new level of real-time analysis in support of investigations and loss control planning.
- Point-of-theft deterrence — Adhesive decals and magnetic labels show thieves that the assets of companies participating in CargoNet are a higher risk.
- TruckStopWatch — A neighborhood watch program focuses on truck stops and trains employees to spot suspicious activity and creates incentives for them and drivers to take action.
- Driver education and incentives — Specialized training, alerts, and a tips hotline keep drivers prepared to avoid theft.
- Secondary-market monitoring — Theft alerts elevate awareness, and tracking systems scan the Internet for attempts by thieves to sell stolen cargo.
- Virtual community of stakeholders — An online meeting place for law enforcement, insurers, and truck owners serves as a conduit for theft alerts and online learning.
CargoNet will launch in early 2010.
For more information…
…on how CargoNet can help you avoid theft and improve recovery, call Maurizio Scrofani, managing director, at 201-469-3253, or send an e-mail to email@example.com.