Vehicle Registration Reports
To calculate suitable premiums for automobile risks, you need complete and accurate information about the vehicles that your policyholders drive. But a policyholder who buys a used car may not know that it was previously junked, salvaged, or flooded. And policyholders may forget to disclose important information, such as lapses in registration or shared ownership of a vehicle.
Now A-PLUS offers easy access to Vehicle-Registration Reports through a strategic alliance with a premier provider of vehicle-registration data.
And A-PLUS Vehicle-Registration Reports are also available through QuickFill — ISO's data prefill tool for underwriters that helps complete auto insurance quotes quickly and easily.
How the system works
You'll access vehicle-registration data instantly using any of these search criteria:
- vehicle identification number (VIN)
- license plate number and state
- surname and address
Search results may vary depending on the search criteria you use and the state where the owner registered the vehicle. However, most users will receive information on:
- the vehicle's year, make, model, body style, and VIN
- the name and complete address of the individual who registered the vehicle
- the name of a cosigner or second owner, if applicable
- the expiration date of the registration
- the plate type, such as regular, vanity, dealer, or commercial
- the name of the leasing company, if applicable
- whether the vehicle has a "branded" title, indicating an unusual condition in the vehicle's history (junked, salvaged, flooded, or the like)
Contact your A-PLUS representative for details on state coverage.
See a sample Vehicle-Registration Report.
For more information . . .
. . . about A-PLUS — or to find out how your company or organization can participate — call Steven Craig at 201-469-3174, or send e-mail to