Underwriting Information on Properties and Communities
ISO supplies a wide array of information that underwriters use to evaluate and price particular risks. We maintain a 550-person staff trained to gather information on individual properties and communities. Insurers use that information in underwriting personal and commercial property insurance, as well as commercial liability and workers compensation policies.
- evaluations of the fire-protection capabilities of individual cities and towns
- surveys of personal and commercial properties to determine:
- the type and effectiveness of building construction
- the hazards of various commercial uses of the properties
- the type and quality of sprinkler systems and other internal and external fire protection
- special conditions
- potential dangers from adjacent properties
- surveys for a wide variety of other conditions, including hazards affecting liability and workers compensation insurance
- evaluations of proposed design specifications for sprinkler systems before construction — and suggestions for upgrading sprinkler performance
And for computer access to the most accurate property and hazard information related to a risk address, ISO offers LOCATION® — the comprehensive risk-assessment tool. Available online or on CD-ROM, LOCATION provides risk-specific information representing every address in the United States.